Today I got up and I spent about a half an hour figuring out how to transform Aaron’s transformer into a truck. He had a power hook optimus prime transformer and I finally found the instructions on the web. I figured if I broke it that it was only $9.99 and I could replace. He was so excited that I was able to transform it into a truck. Dean tells me I can stay a few more days and figure out the other transformers. They also tell I can work for them and they’ll pay me with food. I have to turn down that offer. After they headed off I packed up all my stuff and headed to TCU to say goodbye to Dean and Amanda. I will miss hanging out with them and playing with Aaron and Nicholas. Nicholas started calling me da. I had been there long enough to have a nickname. I then head out on I20 west. I was falling asleep so I stopped at a rest area. I was sitting there when a man walked up to me and sat down and started talking to me. He told me he had run over the tire thread that I saw on the interstate and it caused the cabling under his truck to come loose. Luckily he had cable ties and was able to fix it. He said that he was heading home back to California. He was 69 but he looked like he was about 45. He then says to me “This country is the worst that it’s been since as long as I have been black.” We then talk for a half hour about politics. He was very funny about it all and also very astute about it all. Finally I left and wished him luck on his travels. I headed to San Angelo to go to Miss Hattie’s Bordello museum. Of course I can’t find it so I ask someone. That wouldn’t have been so funny except that I was parked right in front of the door to the museum. I first stopped and had a really nice lunch at their restaurant. I then went to the museum, which was shown only by tour. I was the only one on the tour that was led by an older man. He seemed surprised that I wanted to take pictures. It was worth the five bucks. All of the rooms had fine screens over the door. It led to a nice effect on all the pictures. The tour only lasted 10 minute, as it was a small museum. Tomorrow I head to big bend.
Hornby Hornby Hornby
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment