I got up and headed towards Mississippi. I always stop at the first rest stop because they always have a free map. So I go into the one for Mississippi and to the left is a little old lady who appears to be quilting but she has fallen asleep. Past her is the counter where I get the map but the woman is far more interested in trying to give me a free soda. I say no. On the other side of the room are three or four ladies protecting and handing out the free cookies. I avoid that scene completely. It was the most bizarre rest stop I thing I have been at. Next stop is the University of Southern Mississippi where I just happen to see Tim walking down the street. I park my car at a meter and meet Tim. We head up to his office on the sixth floor and I catch him up on the gossip. We then head downtown to have lunch. Downtown was maybe four blocks. We sat on the second floor balcony and had catfish. After that we went back to the lab and decided to head to his house. Charleston has really grown and has extreme amounts of energy. She gave me a stuffed animal to sleep with to drown out the sound. They are trying to get her to sleep right now. It's been raining here too. I got a call from Rudolf and he said that the pool had over run and was flooding the garage. One of my card board boxes got wet and he was all worried about it. Told him it was not a problem but I am glad I put my desktop up high. Alex left a message that her stuff got there today and wonders where I am. She doesn't seem able to read my blog. Tim and Grace's house is very nice. I am sitting in the back typing this listening to the birds and crickets. I just showed Tim how to get his laptop to connect to their wireless. They had it for 3 months and he couldn't get it to work. The PC worked fine. Good thing I paid attention when Glen did mine at his house. I need to plan where I am heading to tomorrow although I am convinced that I am going to wake up tomorrow and Tim and Grace will have seized the opportunity for me to babysit. I just have to get up before them.
No comments:
Post a Comment