April 17, 2010
As usual I wake up early (5 AM) so I made the coffee. Of course I precede to drink 3 or 4 cups. We leave the house at about 8 AM. We make it 1/2 mile before I have to pee. The are no public bathrooms and we are by the river therefore I to run down into the bushes. We make it to the Colosseum which is about a 3 mile hike. It is a gray and cool day and occasionally sprinkles. As we walk up to it a women sells us a tour for 15 euros each. Since there is at least a 45 minute wait in the ticket line I pay for the tour. After listening to her talk for 30 minutes we are free to wander the place. Afterwards we go to the forum and other ruins which was free because of cultural week. We walk up the big hill and take some pictures of the rooftops. We wander around for about 3 hours. After leaving we are hungry and stop at this restaurant because it has a clean bathroom. I had spaghetti with bacon and zucchini and it was incredibly good. I had the bruchetti as an appetizer. One of the best meals I had in a long time. We then head over to the pantheon. It is free to get inside and it is packed. We then headed back to the apartment because we are both tired. Marcia and I went out and bought some wine and other stuff to make supper with.
Hornby Hornby Hornby
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment