Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trip to Chicago

I went to Chicago and Indiana. Going there both flights were late. I got to Atlanta and our plane was delayed because there was a 300 lb women that they couldn't get off the plane. It was appalling that they announce it to everyone as we waited. I got to Chicago almost two hours late and therefore in time to hit rush hour traffic. I was driving down to visit Mike and Amy at their new house in Indiana. I ended up arriving at 10 PM. This was after my GPS lead me down a dirt road passed their house that was a dead end. We ate dinner and then I went to bed at midnight completely exhausted. The next morning we got up and walked around their 37 acres of land. Very nice woods. We hung out at the house until I had to leave for the party. I got there and of course I did not recognize very many people. I saw Carrie and asked her which were my nephews and nieces so I wouldn't embarrass myself. But of course the girl standing next to her turned out to be my niece Sam. It was a fun party and I saw a few of my siblings there. My brother and I had a conversation with Carrie's boyfriend. Don't think he was to intimidated. I stayed near the hotel as I had to get up the next morning and fly back to Miami. Those flights were on time. Meredith picked me up from the airport and then took Cat with her and headed off to Seattle.

No comments: