Yesterday Pat and I drove the loop rode. The loop rode is a dirt rode that runs to the everglades. On our way there we stopped at Clyde Butcher's photo gallery. Pat bought Carol and I a 2009 calender and a postcard. His photographs are incredible but they are also expensive. After that we drove to the west end of the loop rode. It now has a large sign identifying it. We turn onto the road and about a mile in there is a new rest stop on it with bathrooms. Okay they are pit toilets. The loop road is now on Big Cypress park maps. It is still in poor condition but we saw a lot of cars driving it. Pat has a four wheel drive truck that smells like farm and we drove that. There has been a lot of rain this year so we didn't see a lot of animals. We did see a few snakes. I learned that Pat is afraid of snakes. We saw a dead one in the middle of the road and she didn't want to drive over because she was convinced that it might still be alive. After she drove over it she check her rear view mirror to make sure it was dead. We did see a baby alligator along the way. I heard it first and then we saw it floating in the river. We meet this couple who told us a year ago there were hundreds of birds everywhere and that is was better then being in church. We ran into them again a little farther down the road and he told the same story. I turned to Pat and whispered that we should get ahead of them so we didn't have to listen to it for a third time.
Hornby Hornby Hornby
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment