Natural Bridges National Monuments for the first part of the day. It is a small park. The road is a 9 mile loop. There are three impressive natural bridges. The first one you could walk down a quarter of a mile with a 250 foot drop to stand on a ledge to see it. You know how I like edges so I had to do it. It was an easy hike to go down to the bottom of the third one.
After Leaving Natural Bridges I headed over to Capitol Reef National Park but on the way I drove through Glen Canyon which was formed by the Colorado river. Right by the entrance of Capitol Reef there are some neat petroglyphs. I drove all the way through the park to the end and then took the dirt road all the way to the end. The road was not that bad. I tehn hiked through a canyon to see the tanks where water was stored in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Along the hike through the canyon wall there were some petroglyphs on them early on in the hike. Later on all over the canyon wall was were everyone signed there names on the wall. This is a park that can easily flood and while I was there it started to thunder. I left right as it started to rain and so I drove through the rain for a few hours so that I would be at Bryce National Park the next morning.
Hornby Hornby Hornby
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment