Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gossip

So Friday night I am drunk at the bar. Big surprise there. I hear the Mike is going to be the next chair of the department. No big deal. The next morning, Saturday, Doug calls and needs help at the lab. So we are in the Scan array room and I say that I heard that Mike is going to be the next chair. Doug gets pissed because he knows nothing about it. I just laugh. Anyways I see Bob today and he ask me about the "rumor". I just said I heard it at the bar and I don't remember who told me because I was drunk. Nice to have a reputation that you can hide behind. Anyways he informs me that he hadn't heard that rumor as he walked away. I just sat there and laughed because I pretty sure he thought I was a damn fool. Like I would tell him anything. I trust him about as much as I trust Martin. Isn't my duty a a bitter ex to stir up as much shit as possible before I leave. Can hardly wait until this Friday for some new gossip to spread around. Any Suggestions?

No comments: